A warming hearty meal for fall! Courtesy of Allrecipes.com
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 2 onions, chopped
• 1 green bell pepper, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tablespoons chili powder
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if desired!)
• 1 tsp each ground coriander and ground cumin (optional)
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in ground beef. Cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Combine ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 10 hours, or High for 4 hours.
- Garnish each serving with Cheddar cheese.
Makes 10 servings, count each serving as 3 protein.