10.5 hours · Serves 12
This heart-healthy and low calorie Cuban-style recipe will awaken your taste buds.
1 boneless beef chuck roast
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp olive or coconut oil
1 large onion
1 large green pepper
1 large red pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp water
1 can crushed tomatoes
½ C pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Rub the beef chuck roast with oregano, cumin, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high until very hot. Brown roast on all sides. Transfer to 6- to 7-quart slow cooker bowl.
- To skillet, add onions, green and red peppers, garlic, water, and ¼ teaspoon salt; cook on medium-high 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened, stirring. Add crushed tomatoes. Simmer 4 minutes, stirring. Transfer vegetables and liquids to slow cooker bowl.
- Cover; cook 10 hours on Low or until tender.
- Shred meat. Stir in pimiento-stuffed green olives, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings; count each serving as 2-3 proteins (depending on the size of your piece of beef) and 1 fat.