1 tbsp. olive oil
1 small bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, chopped into 1” pieces (about 2 cups)
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 garlic clove, minced
1 packed cup baby spinach leaves, torn into pieces
5 large eggs
½ cup grated cheese (cheddar, parmesan or whatever you prefer)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour oil into a 10-inch ovenproof skillet and set it over medium heat. Sauté the asparagus for 2-3 minutes, then add the tomatoes and garlic to the pan and cook until the tomatoes release their juices.
- Add the spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Meanwhile, stir together the eggs, cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread the vegetables into an even layer in the pan and pour the beaten eggs overtop; reduce heat to medium-low and cook the frittata for 5-8 minutes or until the bottom has set.
- Gently pull back the sides with a heatproof spatula to allow any uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the top is set and golden. Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold.
Makes 2 servings; count each serving as 3 proteins (group 6) and 1 fat (group 7)